Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brazil Longan


I love Longans but I have never seen/heard of `Brazil Longan'. Last evening, we went to a local supermarket and saw it at the fruits section. I don't recognize it as longan it looks totally different from the local mata kucing. It was the item tag 'Brazil Mata Kucing' that caught my eyes, and so I bought 1/2kg to try. Longan can be additive, the more you eat, the more you want! We finished all in minutes
VS
Even though the Brazil Longan has rather hard shell, it can be quite easy to open. The longan flesh is thicker (taste exactly like longan, of course lah hahha...) but it is not as juicy as the local longan. I think it can be stored for longer time too because of the thick shell. I am going to buy some later for my family to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin